Fall Pest Prevention
As the fall season quickly approaches, and we send the kids off to school, it’s important to take some time to pest proof your home for the new season.
Temperatures begin to cool down in the fall, and many pests that were happy to stay outdoors are now seeking shelter and moving in. While poor living conditions have a large role in pest infestations, sometimes those pesky critters move in out of sheer convenience. It’s not the crumbs on the kitchen floor, but the crack in the seal of the door or hole in the screen that brought them home to roost. Make sure you check the outside structure of your home, and repair:
- Holes in window screens
- Missing or broken seals around exterior doors
- Cracks in the foundation
When looking at prevention, the NPMA recommends the following pest-proofing tasks:
- Install door sweeps on exterior doors
- Screen vents and openings to chimneys
- Store food in airtight containers
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from the house and keep bushes and shrubbery well trimmed
If you suspect an infestation, Hager Pest Control can help! Contact us today for a free estimate.